Neck Training Thread

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

Its the most important feature of a physique, especially for facial asthetics. The rest of your physique is just icing on the cake

Photochopped to have a bigger neck, look at how much better these gay faced twinks look with a bigger neck.

This one has been made to look smaller, look how twinkish he looks with a smaller neck

Do all the 3 different movements, progressive overload and it should grow fast (extension,Flexion, lateral)

Flexion-Extension

The sternocleidomastoid (SCM) has the largest moment arm (best leverage) for neck flexion, while the superior and middle trapezius fibers have the largest moment arms for neck extension. The splenius capitus and semispinalis capitus also display good leverages for neck extension.

Lateral Bending

The muscles with the best leverages for neck lateral flexion are the anterior scalenes and SCM. The middle scalenes and levator scapulae also possess significant lateral bending capacity.

4th movement, you can only really do this if you have access to a cable machine or bands

Rotation

The superior and middle trapezius, sternocleidomastoid and semispinalis capitis sub-regions were the greatest contributors to contralateral (opposite side) axial rotation, while the rectus capitis posterior major, obliquus capitis inferior and splenius capitis were the greatest contributors to ipsilateral (same side) axial rotation.

When doing neck work in general (harness or bridges) you will probably need to wear a beanie or a hoodie as it will feel like the hairs on your head are being pulled out if you're not wearing one.

He does all 3 movements in this vid

To do the lateral (sides) movements you can also lay sideways on a bench like in the video below or a couch if training at home. Or attached to a cable machine like he's doing in the 2nd video below.

If you feel the harness is going to slip off your head when doing the lateral motion, use the hand you're not laying on to lightly hold the harness.

1-3 WORKING sets, Do a few light warmup sets beforehand.

Extension 1-3 sets 8-12 reps
Flexion 1-3 sets 15-25 reps
Lateral 1-3 sets 15-25 reps
Rotation 1-3 sets 15-25 reps

Best ones on the market:

http://www.ironmind-store.com/A-Headstrap-Fit-for-Hercules153/productinfo/1232/

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&pid=3066

Highly Recommend Senshi Japan equipment, really cheap but amazing quality.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Senshi-Japan-Ha ... ck+harness

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Senshi-Japan-He ... ck+harness

Neck Bridges

If you dont have a neck harness you can do neck bridges. For extra resistance you can hold a weight plate on your chest when you find doing it with your bodyweight too easy. You will probably need to wear a beanie or have some padding on the floor when doing these.

Isometrics

These can also be done against a wall, put some padding on the wall like a pillow or towel if it hurts your head. Do these combined with neck bridges, so do your neck bridges first then do isometrics last.

But remember, neck harness work is superior, it may take longer to build a large neck doing bridges and iso's due to it being very akward to progressive overload. With that being said its better than nothing

Movements for forward head posture

Movements that will strengthen the smaller neck muscles that help prevent forward head posture

You basically just have to mimic the movement in the video below, and here are the different ways of doing this movement. Pick one you find best

4 options

-Can be done with resistance bands like in the video
-With a neck harness attached to a cable machine
-Neck harness with a freeweight and slighty bending over
-with a neck harness & freeweight laying face first on a bench like in the gif below

Last edited by Neck Brah on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:49 am, edited 49 times in total.
Neck Training Thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16&p=36#p36

sensei wrote:I'm not paying for this shit. Can I use something at the gym like take a strap from somewhere and attach the weight?

You can do neck bridges, and hold a weight plate on your chest for extra resistance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvQTyHE2c5M

But neck harness work is superior, it would take years to build a large neck doing bridges. It would become very awkward to progressive overload that way.

Here is a $10 neck harness, this is all you need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nylon-Head-Harn ... 1e7e79afa7

Nice post. Neck theory is legit, Im definently training my neck tomorrow. Having a thin neck makes you look like a weakling and a worm

Thanks for valuable posts. Gotta transform my pencil neck to slayer neck

Thick neck is legit. However the advice given to get one in this thread are beyond retarded.

XXX wrote:Thick neck is legit. However the advice given to get one in this thread are beyond retarded.

Explain

XXX wrote:Thick neck is legit. However the advice given to get one in this thread are beyond retarded.

lol.why its retarded?I bought neck harness and start training my neck at home with 3 compound movements.Legit as shit.All pro freestyle wrestlers train necks with it and with bridge.Neck brah doing good shit to inform everybody how to get thick masculine neck.Keep it coming brah.

Does this work? I thought neck is all genetics like your dick.
Boysenbury wrote:Legit the ugliest guy that's ever posted here. Looks like you have crouzon's disease.

ViolentImmigrant wrote:That doughy crater skin is a classic incel phenotype. Random fat loss all over the face too.

whatislife wrote:this, and ugly beta eyes of peace. don't even need to see the rest of your face to know you're fucking ugly.

How much wheigth should one use at the begining ?
Just got a neck harness.

Neck is so incredibly legit. You can legitimately make out testosterone levels from neck alone.

earless wrote:Does this work? I thought neck is all genetics like your dick.

Ofcourse it works, theres a whole load of muscles in the neck. I went from a 15 inch to a 18.4 inch neck with direct neck work.

How much wheigth should one use at the begining ?

kingkongb wrote:How much wheigth should one use at the begining ?

Use a weight you can do around 20 reps with. If you can do 20 reps with it, increase the weight slightly next set so you can find the weight you fail around 6-10 reps with.

For example, if you fail around 10 reps with a weight increase it by 1-2kg (2-4lbs) next workout. You should be getting stronger each workout, whether you are able to do more reps with the same weight you used last workout or that you are able to increase the weight, that is progressive overload.

I keep a small notepad and write down how much i lifted that workout and how many reps i got with a certain weight so i can tell im progressing.

very legit thread OP, thank you

could you post your own results with your neck, im really curious!

no one cares about your neck "brah" when it's attached to a fucking demented incel face
Just be good looking.

Just. Be. Good. Looking.

Triacel wrote:very legit thread OP, thank you

I havent got any new frontal pictures atm, i want to finish this cut first.

Here a side on shot so you know im not some frauding skinny twink, pic on the far left is from may 2009, pics in the middle and far right are from june 2011. Im much bigger than this now aswell.

Neck Brah wrote:
Triacel wrote:very legit thread OP, thank you

I havent got any new frontal pictures atm, i want to finish this cut first.

Here a side on shot so you know im not some frauding skinny twink, pic on the far left is from may 2009, pics in the middle and far right are from june 2011. Im much bigger than this now aswell.

There you did it, you might as well have posted your face.

I can tell from that pic alone that your face is below average.

Edit: didn't even notice the silhouette at the first view -- that's just how accurate my analysis is

eAlpha wrote:
There you did it, you might as well have posted your face.

I can tell from that pic alone that your face is below average.

Edit: didn't even notice the silhouette at the first view -- that's just how accurate my analysis is

Would never post my face on this forum lol. People need to get the idea in their heads that these things are co factors, they're not the be all and end all of attractiveness, its about ticking the most boxes and the more you tick the better. You're never going to find out if it makes a huge difference until you start training and see a change over a period of months.

No ones saying its going to make you a 10/10
PostThis post by SlayerHater was deleted by puanewb on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:09 pm.
Reason: Requested via PM

SlayerHater wrote:Brah any advice on blasting those traps to get size to go along with my new neck?

What i do for myself is Barbell shrugs and behind the back upright rows. Give behind the back upright rows a shot if you've never tried that exercise before, its a great movement.

I've been cutting for a while and I can't gain any size on my neck because of it at the moment. Still sitting at 16 inches though. I can't wait to get back to this when I bulk again.
PinVistheonlyIOI wrote:I legit looked at the mirror for 2 hrs just being pissed at myself for being so ugly

PuaKiller wrote:LOL at having your dick Jew'd off when you're an infant. 8-)

The guys you posted morphs of already have good jawlines. Could you post neck morphs of people with shitty jaw lines?

Fantastic, man, thanks for this thread. Where do I get weights from and what weight should I go for with a 15.5" neck?

DavidDickinsonIsGod wrote:Fantastic, man, thanks for this thread. Where do I get weights from and what weight should I go for with a 15.5" neck?

No problem dude.

Use a weight you fail around somewhere between 10-15 reps with. First time i ever tried it i was only was able to use 10kg from what i remember, if you find that too light then increase it a little more.

Whenever you find a weight too light its probably time to increase the weight, or stick with the same weight and do more sets.

You will need weight plates like in the link below. Weight plates can be pretty expensive, i would look around for some cheaper clones

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NC0JU5Q?psc=1

Best to get would be:

2x 10kg
4x 5kg
4x 2.75kg
4x 1.25kg

So I just my neck harness. I'm going to do the whole routine but which one of the exercises is the one that gives you the width when looking from the front? And does the neck grow at the same rate as the other muscles in the body and is it "easy" to overdevelop the neck to the point where it is too big and it looks ridicolous?

Fucking hell this sucked. Tried it with 10 kgs and I don't get fatigued at all. Need to try this lying down on a bench or with cables.
Next

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice