all about nasal projection itt

Share your experiences with the opposite sex. Suggest ways to improve your success. Analyze the behavior of females in real life and online. Rant and rave about females. Show the importance of looks pertaining to attracting females and other social situations. Discuss aesthetics and the science of attractiveness. Exchange health, nutrition and looksmaxing tips.

Question: Is a huge nasal projection an indication for an retruded maxilla?

nasalprojection.PNG
nasalprojection.PNG (326.9 KiB) Viewed 5220 times

Nasal tip projection (see diagram) assesses how far out from the face the tip of the nose protrudes. There are several accepted methods of measuring nasal tip projection, but the most common one described is the Goode method. First the alar line is drawn, which is a line running perpendicular to the Frankfort plane. The alar line runs thru the alar-facial crease, which is where the nasal base attaches to the cheek (see dashed line). A measurement is then taken from the nasal tip to the alar line (“A” in the diagram) and compared to the distance from the nasal tip to the nasal starting point (“B” in the diagram). The ratio of “A” to “B” is a measure of tip projection and should ideally be 0.55-0.60 in most patients. When this ratio is higher than ideal (tip of the nose is positioned too far from the face), the nose is considered overprojected. When the opposite exists and the ratio is lower than ideal (tip of the nose too close to the face), the nose is considered underprojected.
Last edited by heilsa on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Did only the nasal tip projection change in the first pic? Did the source mention maxilla or not?

Many Eastern European women have a longer nose like the second one in the first pic.

huge nasal projection is legit disgusting

look at the king of nasal projection michael imperioli:

especially the saggital distance beetween mouth and nose tip is ridiculous.
Attachments
nosesideview.jpg
nosesideview.jpg (512.13 KiB) Viewed 5165 times

RetractedMaxilla wrote:this is what i have. i look like fuckin jew. it was bearable in the past, because all that fat on zygos made appear nose less protruding, but now i look like a product of jew fucking a pinocchio.

i wonder what's the most efficent way to reduce the sldnt? rhino? mma? when i look at the before/after pictures of mma the sldnt doesnt have change that much in the most cases...

http://sluthate.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97283

@retracted maxilla

wasnt your midface recessed? do you have a recessed midface and on top of that an highly over projected nose?

RetractedMaxilla wrote:
heilsa wrote:@retracted maxilla

wasnt your midface recessed? do you have a retruded midface and on top of that an highly over projected nose?

i have probably a big nose in absolute means, but this may not the real issue. what's troublesome is the fact, that due to my midface retrusion (flat face) my nose looks very prominent, because bone structure is "not catching" it.

pics? pm me if necessary. u know im trustworthy and wont share it

just FYI michael imperioli is class 2 div 2 meaning he has a deep bite with a prominent chin and retruded mandible.

His nose would look better with correctly projecting jaws.

all caucasians have nasal projection, some more than other, but all have more projection than other races

is inevitable

all caucasians have nasal projection, some more than other, but all have more projection than other races

is inevitable

ダークホール wrote:No.

People with ante faces would get a higher measurement lol.

Wrong you ugly dumb fuck. An ante face would have less then 2cm of projection from the maxilla to the tip of the nose. Even the mews say this. You ugly worthless faggot.

Mouth Breathing Master Race Rules All!!!!

Sociopath1983 wrote:
ダークホール wrote:No.

People with ante faces would get a higher measurement lol.

Wrong you ugly dumb fuck. An ante face would have less then 2cm of projection from the maxilla to the tip of the nose. Even the mews say this. You ugly worthless faggot.

so can we all agree that everything above 2cm is cleary subhuman?

your nose is over projected if you fulfill one of the following conditions:

- shitty goode ratio (see first post)
- if the sdlnt (a) makes more than 60% of the whole sagittal length of the nose (see pic below)
- the sdlnt is more 2cm in total

a overprojected nose can be corrected by a rhino (deprojection of the nasal tip) in most cases.

Rhinoplasty For An Over Projected Tip

The goal in rhinoplasty for an overly projected nasal tip is to bring the tip of the nose closer to the face (deprojection of the nasal tip) while maintaining proportion with the remainder of the nose and face. As noted above, the bridge height is often times excessively high in patients with an overly projected nasal tip. Therefore, it is frequently necessary to reduce the bridge height while bringing the nasal tip in closer to the face.

In some rhinoplasty patients, deprojection of the nasal tip simply involves reducing the size of what is commonly referred to as the domal cartilage. The domal cartilage is the highest point of the lower lateral cartilage as it sticks out from the face. If this portion of the lower lateral cartilage is excessively prominent, very careful reduction of the dome can be undertaken to deproject the nasal tip. Some rhinoplasty terms that refer to this type of nasal tip deprojection maneuver include: domal truncation, crural overlay, and vertical dome division. In other rhinoplasty patients, the entire lower lateral cartilage has to detached, moved and reattached to accomplish the desired change in tip projection. Depending on the rhinoplasty surgeon’s expertise and experience, both methods can be done successfully using either an open or closed rhinoplasty approach.

In many cases where the nasal tip is being deprojected, the nose also has to be rotated slightly to maintain proper esthetic balance. To some degree this is directly proportional to the amount of tip deprojection being performed.

some more before/after

Case Study: This 42 year-old female was bothered by her very long nose and wanted it reshaped to be shorter and more proportionate. In addition, her nose was twisted at the tip and deviated to one side. She had trouble breathing through the left side of her nose as well.

Under general anesthesia, an open approach to her rhinoplasty was used. The cartilaginous dorsal height was take down after the upper lateral cartilages were separated. The entire septum was dissected down to the maxilla, detached and a septal graft harvested. The septum was repositioned and bilateral spreader grafts were placed. The domes were separated and reduced by vertical dome division and put back together over a columellar strut graft. The caudal end of the septum was reduced as well. The rhinoplasty was closed with small dissolveable sutures and taped and splinted.

As her before and after pictures show, her nasal tip has been significantly deprojected and brought back much closer to her face. This is a dramatic example of nasal tip deprojection that one does not have to even measure to see that it is so. But by measuring she has had the tip brought back closer to her face by almost 6mms. With this amount of tip deprojection, it was absolutely necessary to lower the cartilaginous bridge height as well. Her result though appears fairly natural even though it is a much smaller nose.

The following is a case example of how the nasal tip can be successfully reshaped to deproject the nose. As was noted above, this particular patient complained of a large nose that she wanted reshaped. We previously discussed how her nasal tip was over projected and bridge height was excessively high. We performed a closed rhinoplasty approach during her cosmetic nose reshaping procedure. This included use of what is referred to as a ‘full transfixion incision’ to drop her nasal tip back closer to the face to deproject the nose. Once this was done, we then reshaped her nasal bridge to bring it down to an appropriate height that matched the new position of her nasal tip.

As you can see in her before and after photos, her nasal tip has been successfully deprojected, or brought in closer to the face. The diagrammed photos demonstrate this more visually when you compare the preoperative nasal tip projection (red line) and bridge height (green line). In the after rhinoplasty photo, you can appreciate how much change has been made to the nose. Keep in mind that cosmetic nose reshaping is a game of millimeters. In this type of rhinoplasty, we have brought the tip in closer to the face by 2-3 millimeters and the nasal bridge by a similar amount, which is all that was needed to result in a beautiful looking nose. The nasal bridge was reduced to create a more feminine looking profile view and the nasal tip was rotated just slightly. Overall, she still looks very natural in terms of her appearance and now has a smaller nose that looks as if she could have been born with it.

http://www.exploreplasticsurgery.com/tag/deprojecting-the-long-nose/
https://www.drhilinski.com/rhinoplasty-tutorial/nasal-analysis-in-rhinoplasty/
https://www.drhilinski.com/rhinoplasty-tutorial/nasal-tip-deprojection/

maxillary advancement might also decrease the projecting of the nose (not sure yet).

now i only need a good surgeon for men in germany or europe...
i heard its very risky for men to undergo rhino because it often produces gay noses.
especially the nose tip seems pretty hard to fix no?

germanDream wrote:now i only need a good surgeon for men in germany or europe...
i heard its very risky for men to undergo rhino because it often produces gay noses.

legit. ur u save some money and visit dr.eppley ;D

however,if you also plan double jaw surgery ora le fort 1 i would wait how your face looks after this. in some cases it seems like the sdlnt seems to be decreased

heilsa wrote:
germanDream wrote:now i only need a good surgeon for men in germany or europe...

however,if you also plan double jaw surgery ora le fort 1 i would wait how your face looks after this. in some cases it seems like the sdlnt seems to be decreased

well i actually need double jaw surgery+custom jaw implant+rhino (nasal tip deprojection especially) to perfectly flooks discriminationy face.
i think i can get away with 2 of them...either jaw surgery and implant or implant and nose job.
i came to the conclusion that the second is probably more appropriate for me as its a fucking pain in the ass to get jaw surgery without medical indication here...

have you done any research on nose surgeons in ger or europe? i mean rhino is mostly just 3,4 or 5k...

germanDream wrote:
heilsa wrote:

well i actually need double jaw surgery+custom jaw implant+rhino (nasal tip deprojection especially) to perfectly flooks discriminationy face.
i think i can get away with 2 of them...either jaw surgery and implant or implant and nose job.
i came to the conclusion that the second is probably more appropriate for me as its a fucking pain in the ass to get jaw surgery without medical indication here...

have you done any research on nose surgeons in ger or europe? i mean rhino is mostly just 3,4 or 5k...
Why did you prefer a jaw implant to a chin wing?
Warning! The preceding content may contain elements of sarcasm that are difficult to understand for autists. Reader discretion is advised.

germanDream wrote:
heilsa wrote:

no, not yet. but doesnt dr. z from berlin also performs rhinos?

viking wrote:
germanDream wrote:well i actually need double jaw surgery+custom jaw implant+rhino (nasal tip deprojection especially) to perfectly flooks discriminationy face.

Why did you prefer a jaw implant to a chin wing?

custom jaw implant can achieve insane width...plus 1cm and more on each side along the jawline.
chin wing can achieve maybe 1,2,3 mm on each side but thats it .

just take a look at my sig...thats not possible with chin wing
Next

Topic Tags

Return to Shitty Advice