Bad arguments by feminists

Things you need to get off your chest other than sluts

Feminists do not want you to lose custody of your children. The assumption that women are naturally better caregivers is part of patriarchy.

Feminists do not want you to have to make alimony payments. Alimony is set up to combat the fact that women have been historically expected to prioritize domestic duties over professional goals, thus minimizing their earning potential if their "traditional" marriages end. The assumption that wives should make babies instead of money is part of patriarchy.

Feminists do not want you to have to make alimony payments. Alimony is set up to combat the fact that women have been historically expected to prioritize domestic duties over professional goals, thus minimizing their earning potential if their "traditional" marriages end. The assumption that wives should make babies instead of money is part of patriarchy.

https://jezebel.com/5992479/if-i-admit- ... g-prophecy

I still doubted she really opposed alimony.

I was correct.

Because she goes on in the comments section:

In an ideal world, alimony isn't necessary, because women have equal earning potential, aren't discouraged from pursuing leadership positions, aren't financially crippled by the expectations of motherhood, etc. That's the world feminism is aiming for. But we're not there yet.

So because the current world is not the ideal world to her...she supports alimony?

If you go through the other items on the list, you will see that she does not really believe in the items in the list.

Here is another one:

Feminists do not want women to escape prosecution on legitimate domestic violence charges, nor do we want men to be ridiculed for being raped or abused. The idea that women are naturally gentle and compliant and that victimhood is inherently feminine is part of patriarchy.

But she likely believes that the current justice system is right about prosecuting men 90% of the times in domestic violence situations, even though domestic violence is equally perpetrated by women. "Currently, where men are raised to be abusive and violent, it is correct that men should be prosecuted 90% of the times. In the ideal world however..."

EVERY item on the list is doublespeak.

"Yeah, I support it, but..."

"Yeah, see I oppose it same as the MRAs do, but... we are not in the ideal world".

It's just like how people say that the oppose Bashar al-Assad, yet they still support him over the rebels.

It's like how some libertarians (including the non-libertarian Stefan Molyneux) says that they oppose immigration because they argue that currently we have a welfare system, and in the ideal world where we have no welfare, we could be open to immigration. But even if the welfare system is abolished, they would still oppose immigration.

Feminists are investing our money in propaganda like this:

or this

Return to Off-Topic