Which college degrees are still worth it?

The US education is so fucked. Rising tuition, people still being told constantly GET A DEGREE IT WILL PAY OFF! LOL, for most it will only result in sadness and massive student loan debt.

The way I see it...

Best, still can be trusted:

Accounting, finance, actuarial science, nursing, any engineering degree, computer science, software engineering, computer information systems

Decent, potentially middle class income:

Any healthcare technical degree such as diagnostic medical sonography, respiratory therapy, occupational medicine, laboratory technician, radiation therapy, any business degree, management, trades - HVAC, electrician, etc

Not rock bottom, but not far from it:

Any foreign language degree, economics, real estate, architecture. If you don't plan on professional school (pharmacy, medicine, dentistry, etc) then chemistry, biology, physics, and math all go here too.

Bottom of the barrel, shit-tier degrees:

Child & Family Studies, Political Science, African American Studies, Women's Studies, Elementary Education, Exercise Science, Broadcast Journalism, Film, Social Work, Animal Science, Special Education, Theology, Culinary Arts, Athletic Training, Religious Studies, Physical Education Teaching, Paralegal Studies, Recreation & Leisure Studies, Horticulture, Criminal Justice, Drama, Hospitality & Tourism, Music, Art, Anthropology, Theater, Photography, Psychology, History, Communications, Sociology

degrees don't matter
it's your connections and skills that do
if you have a degree in a good field but you are an aspie retard ur screwed

It doesn't matter what you major in as long as you go to a top 10 school and get connections and internships. Ideally you already have your career started before you graduate.
The Anguish of the Hideously Ugly Male (2014):

I have like 60k in loan debt. My payments are a little bit under $2000/month.

It's like mortgaging a home.
Two or three surgeries away from being Ja Rule gang.

PUA4Life wrote:
Bottom of the barrel, shit-tier degrees:

Child & Family Studies, Political Science, African American Studies, Women's Studies, Elementary Education, Exercise Science, Broadcast Journalism, Film, Social Work, Animal Science, Special Education, Theology, Culinary Arts, Athletic Training, Religious Studies, Physical Education Teaching, Paralegal Studies, Recreation & Leisure Studies, Horticulture, Criminal Justice, Drama, Hospitality & Tourism, Music, Art, Anthropology, Theater, Photography, Psychology, History, Communications, Sociology

These are actually the best degrees.

The opportunities from meeting hot girls in these classes >>>>>>>>> An engineercel degree

If you want to study something that's not a joke major but you can still meet hot girls, study accounting or finance. I took an economics class once that was a requirement for finance majors and it was packed with HBBs.
Last edited by OmegaKV on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img/]http://i58.tinypic.com/5uhenn.jpg[/img]

RodgerRabbit wrote:Trying to fix yourself is literally a race against the clock. It's a catch 22. By the time you've fixed all the flaws that prevented you from slaying, you will have lost the one thing most essential to slaying in the first place -- youth.
NewGenious119 wrote:This idea that nobody owes anyone anything completely goes against the entire point of even having a society in the first place. If society doesn't owe an individual person anything, then the individual owes society nothing either, so don't be surprised when they take their frustration out on the world.

There is absolutely NO GOOD reason why, in the 21st century, every person shouldn't have their basic needs met. That means food, shelter, clothing, and transportation for all and, yes, if you are a male, sexual access to attractive females as that is considered a basic need for men as well.
Leebyunghun wrote:The number one source of strife in human existence is the inequality of looks among the male species.
germanDream wrote:a woman would fuck a cute dog or horse over an average faced man ANY day of the week. its not even close. women are repulsed by non male model men
PuaKiller wrote:Most women couldn't last a month as an incel male. They'd suicide. Prostitution would be legal worldwide and virgin shaming would cease if women were put in the shoes of an incel male for even a month. They couldn't handle it.
firehaze wrote:If a girl has never made it obvious that she likes you then you're a lot more subhuman than you think.

http://twitter.com/incelvoice

#NoHymenNoDiamond

Anti-Degeneracy crew

https://www.reddit.com/r/Truecels/

PUA4Life wrote:Best, still can be trusted:

Accounting, finance, actuarial science, nursing, any engineering degree, computer science, software engineering, computer information systems

finance isnt any good without the connections to get you a job
actuarial is oversupplied, at least where i live
the rest - agree, there are really the only ones worth considering unless you have conections or willing to get a PhD

Education/education loans is the newest scam being pushed on the US public, in order to help keep the economy moving.

Damn it's hard to watch people throw their lives away simply to do marginally better than people who graduate from high school.
"HEY CHECK OUT MY ASPIE SUIT DO YOU LIKE MY ASPERGERS? I'M A VIRGIN, BTW"

Jank

Not in the context of the US but anything that requires MATH is good.

Humanities/Liberal arts is a giant scam......a cash cow, pumping out thousands of worthless degrees a year.

It has zero worth whatsoever. This coming from an international Relations major.

God tier=Engineering in any stream

Top tier--i.e will get you a job= Accounting, Finance, Business Science/Actuarial Science, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics.....

Semi- top-- Trade school.

Shit tier= Law, every single degree listed under humanities. Every single last one. Graphic design, art, singing, drama, dance, opera,

INB4

' University isnt about making money, its about learning'

Not in the context of the US but anything that requires MATH is good.

Humanities/Liberal arts is a giant scam......a cash cow, pumping out thousands of worthless degrees a year.

It has zero worth whatsoever. This coming from an international Relations major.

God tier=Engineering in any stream

Top tier--i.e will get you a job= Accounting, Finance, Business Science/Actuarial Science, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics.....

Semi- top-- Trade school.

Shit tier= Law, every single degree listed under humanities. Every single last one. Graphic design, art, singing, drama, dance, opera,

INB4

' University isnt about making money, its about learning'

Virgil wrote:Top tier--i.e will get you a job= Accounting, Finance, Business Science/Actuarial Science, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics.....

nope, as an econ-cel i stronly advise people to stay away from this

pikachu wrote:employers only want people want people with experience regardless of what degree you have and there aren't many ways to fix this catch 22

in romania?

SupportLocalSluts wrote:I have like 60k in loan debt. My payments are a little bit under $2000/month.

It's like mortgaging a home.

Holy shit. I need to go thank my father.
I still believe in paradise. But now, at least, I know it's not some place you can look for. Because it's not where you go; it's how you feel for a moment in your life when you're a part of something. And if you find that moment, it lasts forever.

Nothing is guaranteed. Everything is pretty much shit these days. Its mostly connections and people liking you (which we know is linked to LMS). With that in mind, the STEM field is still probably your best bet. I'd also look into banking or finance too since those are the fuckers who have rigged the system and always profit off of everything anyhow.

pikachu wrote:
Triacel wrote:
in romania?

in every country

you will not get a high paying job unless you had experience in that domain, 5 years minimum, for that you need to do internships while in college and after college work in small shitty places in the domain, you need the internship because those small companies don't accept you without minimal experience as well

so in the end at best you might get a good paying job in that when you are 30-32

and keep in mind, working for salary is

• giving up 90% of the value you produce
  • giving up the control over your time, they can call always call you in to work

This is true. You're literally a slavecel until you get experience and you're fucked if you can't afford to be a slavecel.

icantevengetfatgirls wrote:degrees don't matter
it's your connections and skills that do
if you have a degree in a good field but you are an aspie retard ur screwed

Legit. i know many people without degree but having good positions due to connections and experience.
-gossipping
-deepthroating slayers
-sucking the blood of less attractive males and using them as an emotional tampon to soak up all their childish emotions while denying them sex
PostThis post by Leebyunghun was deleted by puanewb on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:11 pm.
Reason: Wanted all posts deleted temporarily

Leebyunghun wrote:I graduated from an top school (won't say which one, let's just say not one of the best) in a cold fucking place and to be honest the job market has been insane if not getting worse year by year. A lot of good kids got fucked, I've been out of school since '11 and it's been hard getting work even though my degree was in economics / polisci. Poli-sci has to be the biggest scam degree since it sounds useful but is essentially 100% useless even in places like DC.

I've heard people with economics degrees have good job prospects, but that might be utter bullshit because every major will want to paint their employment picture as more rosy than it is to entice more people to enter into that field and further saturate the job market. I've always known Poli-sci to be useless though. Connections and halo effect really are everything as most jobs really won't allow you to be so much better than somebody else to the point that you can rise far, far above others on still alone.

Return to Money, School, Jobs & Business