Switch to full style
Post a reply

I have a degree but cant get a job

by dreaminaboutLMS » October 2014

No matter how hard I try, I just cant answer the technical questions these guys throw at me, I literally learned jack shit in my 4 years in uni

[Deleted]

by ComicallyPotatoed » October 2014

This post by ComicallyPotatoed was deleted by djfranktank on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:57 am.
Reason: Requested

[Deleted]

by Niggardofspeech » October 2014

This post by Niggardofspeech was deleted by djfranktank on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:03 am.

Re: I have a degree but cant get a job

Niggardofspeech wrote:Didn't you study economics? Lol at that

I have a degree in software engineering, I didnt attend lectures, crammed the night before, and leached others for labs, as a result I learned nothing

by Norwood Cemetery » October 2014

I can't remember what country you are from, but in the UK, every fucking Tom, Dick and Harry is being packed off to university these days.

So many kids are going to Uni that employers are finding almost all applicants for jobs have degrees; hence all these reading/numerical comprehension tests employers have came up with to seperate the wheat from the chaff. And because institutions just want to churn out results, degrees themselves are often lacking in testing the application of knowledge - leaving postgradcels with little preparation for these sorts of employer tests.

Life is so fucking futile.

Norwood Cemetery wrote:I can't remember what country you are from, but in the UK, every fucking Tom, Dick and Harry is being packed off to university these days.

So many kids are going to Uni that employers are finding almost all applicants for jobs have degrees; hence all these reading/numerical comprehension tests employers have came up with to seperate the wheat from the chaff. And because institutions just want to churn out results, degrees themselves are often lacking in testing the application of knowledge - leaving postgradcels with little preparation for these sorts of employer tests.

I agree, I assumed my uni would weed me out since its considered the best school in engineering in my country (canada), but somehow I was able to graduate with a gpa slightly above a 3 without retaining much of what I learned

[Deleted]

by OnlyBarnPigsWantMe » October 2014

This post by OnlyBarnPigsWantMe was deleted by 3D Face Analysis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:30 am.

by OmegaKV » October 2014

Norwood Cemetery wrote:I can't remember what country you are from, but in the UK, every fucking Tom, Dick and Harry is being packed off to university these days.

British universities are a joke. You only need to go to college for 3 years in england to get a bachelors degree. I can get a bachelors degree from a diploma mill in 2 weeks. :lol: But that's not the same as getting a real 4 year bachelors degree.

by hood rych » October 2014

Most people who go into fields with technical interviews will download big logs of commonly asked interview questions and then drill them over and over until they feel ready.

[Deleted]

by OnlyBarnPigsWantMe » October 2014

This post by OnlyBarnPigsWantMe was deleted by 3D Face Analysis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:30 am.

[Deleted]

by ComicallyPotatoed » October 2014

This post by ComicallyPotatoed was deleted by djfranktank on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:57 am.
Reason: Requested

ComicallyPotatoed wrote:Joking aside, I don't see why you can't get somewhere if you research the questions. It's not like you're going for the CEO position. Maybe a little alcohol before the interview might settle the nerves? I always drank before my job interviews.

well programming is not about regurgitating a bunch of facts from an encyclopedia, some employers have even asked me to write algorithms on the spot

by happensw » December 2015

You simply haven't found your way yet. Try something adventurous! How about on-line business? They're just doing the gambling business. It's like a disease - you can't give up playing and it happens you win. Sometimes :) I believe in money-making stories of more down-to-earth style.

[Deleted]

by Area-1255x » 10 months ago

This post by Area-1255x was deleted by 3D Face Analysis on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:32 pm.
Post a reply