ona lina misled you regarding grammatical propriety

She said that 'neither' and 'nor' are intrinsically coupled together, such that it is inappropriate to say "I don't like x, nor do I like y", and rather that one should say "I like neither x nor y". In assuming she was triflingly more intelligent than I am, I adopted her grammatical idiosyncrasy , frequently catching myself using the allegedly improper construct. However, eventually it dawned on me that I should ascertain her propriety, seeing as it came naturally to me to use the allegedly verboten construct. I was shocked to see I had been deceived:

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/educat ... en-use-nor

Another option is to combine the two negative ideas into one sentence and then start the second part with “nor”: “I don’t usually wake up at 6 a.m., nor do I like to wake up at 5 a.m.”

Certainly Ona Lina is not grammatically superior to Grammar Girl, who has certainly earned her place near the top of many a Google search for the idiomatic use of language.

he is a gay libtard,they try to act and sound smart and tough

Domain Dot RU wrote:Above: If Ona is a liberal, you are a SJW feminist. You are a 'Class A Moron'. Jew, go back to sleep. LOL.

leave

Incidentally, you should avoid the use of word 'inappropriate' in your above sentence. Internet definitions say that it can simply mean 'not appropriate' (in a morally neutral sense), but examples all show an involved element of wrongful- conduct or moral behaviour. The same applies to your use of word, 'propriety' (see your use below, in bold text by me).

Actually, I was passing a moral judgement on you, seeing as I find it immoral to mislead people regarding proper grammar.

As a matter of curiosity, which instances did our advice lead you to use incorrect writing in the web?

You didn't cause me to use incorrect writing, rather you restricted my expressivity.

ADDENDUM:

Incidentally, in your above post, you used the word 'construct' incorrectly. Below from the English Lesson Club:

Concept and Construct: Concept refers to an idea (e.g. tall men), and 'construct' refers to this idea which has been operationalised in a research study (e.g. tall men = men over 5'10"/178cm for data coding).

The internet dictionary definitions are incorrect. You will find this to be the case when you consult an undergraduate textbook in research methodology (I learned it from a uni. textbook).

It's a construct because it is a form of writing.

to build or form by putting together parts; frame; devise.

something constructed.

General definition vs academic definition ona

Happens a lot

I still come around

Return to IQ Tests