Ray Peat Diet: Anti-Aging & Pro-Metabolic

Ray Peat is an anti-aging, anti-estrogenic and pro-thyroid diet. Many diseases such as hypertension, cancer and heart disease are exacerbated by poor thyroid function. Improving thyroid function could improve or even reverse those diseases, as shown by Broda Barnes and Mark Starr, who treated hypertension, heart failure and heart attacks by giving their patients thyroid supplements.

A major aspect of the Ray Peat diet is reducing your consumption of polyunsaturated fats, found in some vegetable oils including safflower oil, sunflower oil, corn oil, soybean oil and Canola oil. If you're using any of those oils, or any other oil high in polyunsaturated fats, get rid of them.

A high intake of polyunsaturated fats speed up aging because these fatty acids can degrade into oxidative byproducts which damage your body.

Ray Peat wrote:In a study at the University of California, photographs of two groups of people were selected, pairing people of the same age, one who had eaten an unsaturated fat rich diet, the other who had eaten a diet low in unsaturated fats. A panel of judges was asked to sort them by their apparent ages, and the subjects who consumed larger amounts of the unsaturated oils were consistently judged to be older than those who ate less, showing the same age-accelerating effects of the unsaturated oils that were demonstrated by the rabbit experiments.

Reducing your consumption of polyunsaturated fats is especially important if you're tanning, as tanning exacerbates the skin aging associated with high polyunsaturated fat consumption. Rabbit experiments have shown that skin ages much faster if their diet is high in polyunsaturated fats.

Ray Peat wrote:In the l960s, Hartroft and Porta gave an elegant argument for decreasing the ratio of unsaturated oil to saturated oil in the diet (and thus in the tissues). They showed that the "age pigment" is produced in proportion to the ratio of oxidants to antioxidants, multiplied by the ratio of unsaturated oils to saturated oils. More recently, a variety of studies have demonstrated that ultraviolet light induces peroxidation in unsaturated fats, but not saturated fats, and that this occurs in the skin as well as in vitro. Rabbit experiments, and studies of humans, showed that the amount of unsaturated oil in the diet strongly affects the rate at which aged, wrinkled skin develops. The unsaturated fat in the skin is a major target for the aging and carcinogenic effects of ultraviolet light, though not necessarily the only one.

Polyunsaturated fats also inhibit thyroid function and cause weight gain.

Important information on the Ray Peat diet.

Articles by Ray Peat
Interviews with Ray Peat
Ray Peat Forum
PostThis post by Desmik was deleted by puanewb on Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:19 pm.
Reason: Requested by Desmik

It's not only wrinkles but bad complexion and liver spots associated with aging.

BTW, Ray Peat himself took pregnenolone and he looked younger in ten weeks:

Signs of aging indeed matter less for men. For example a negative canthal tilt is a sign of aging but it matters less for men. Plenty of hot guys, top tier actors and top tier models have negative canthal tilts.

The Ray Peat diet is actually the best for your hormones. When you increase pregnenolone, thyroid and other youth associated hormones through this diet, your testosterone will increase and your estrogen will decrease as described above.

Dolph's perceived masculinity is not entirely due to actual masculinity itself but good bone structure. He has a good maxilla and forward-projected mandible due to good oral posture. Good oral posture lenghtens the base of the mandible making it appear stronger. Good oral posture also pushes the chin forward. Masculinity often is mistaken with health (i.e. good bone structure). See here: w/Facial_masculinity

I actually never said that wrinkles or other signs of aging (e.g. negative canthal tilt) matters for men as much as it matters for women.

The primary purpose of this thread was to promote the Ray Peat diet for better health. Skin is emphasized here because it's a side-effect from the diet and because a lot of posters here are interested in anti-aging. It seems like you misunderstood the purpose of this thread because you might not have realized that this was posted in the health section (as you might have found this thread using the "search" feature).

My very favorite anti aging, moisturizing, healing, nutrient for the skin is Royal Jelly. It is a honey bee secretion that is used to nourish larvae and the adult queen bees. It contains complex B vitamins, amino acids, fatty acids, minerals, enzymes, natural antibiotic properties, and antibacterial properties.Royal jelly is known for its anti- aging, cholesterol-lowering, anti-inflammatory, wound healing, antibiotic components, and antibacterial agents.I have sensitive, dry, but acne and rash prone skin and my royal jelly moisturizer has really helped with all my skin issues.

^ That before and after is cosmetic surgeon tier fraud

Eating bread/wheat makes my scalp inflamed and itchy. I lose hair too.

it's probably another scam, aspies fall for them all the time.
Two or three surgeries away from being Ja Rule gang.

LMSghost wrote:What foods are allowed on the diet

Apparently this.

PostThis post by medjon was deleted by puanewb on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 pm.
Reason: Requested in PM

Is this picture serious?

Whoever made this = legit retarded and knows NOTHING about nutrition. This thread has just lost ALL VALIDITY.

LOL @ eating ice-cream, honey, cane sugar, LOL. Validity = gone.

Orange juice? LOL. Orange juice is artificial sugar in a cup. Validity = gone.

No Alaskan salmon under the "seafood" list? Validity = gone.

Potatoes? Carrots? Yams? Good luck with your sugar spiking goals of 2015 and beyond.

Where in the FUCK are the vegetables, the spinach, the broccoli?

Nuts and seeds in the trash? LOL.

vertu wrote:Is this picture serious?

Whoever made this = legit retarded and knows NOTHING about nutrition. This thread has just lost ALL VALIDITY.

LOL @ eating ice-cream, honey, cane sugar, LOL. Validity = gone.

Orange juice? LOL. Orange juice is artificial sugar in a cup. Validity = gone.

No Alaskan salmon under the "seafood" list? Validity = gone.

Potatoes? Carrots? Yams? Good luck with your sugar spiking goals of 2015 and beyond.

Where in the FUCK are the vegetables, the spinach, the broccoli?

Nuts and seeds in the trash? LOL.

Admit it, you suck Robert Lustig's dick.

So like what would a daily meal plan with this diet look like? I've been doing raw till 4 and it fixed my constipation and low energy i got from paleo diet but my hair and skin is still shit, my hands also get cold. I've heard in one of Danny Roddy's interview that when he fixed calcium to phosphate ratios he noticed a huge fucking difference and im pretty sure im getting more phosphate than calcium. Should I start with Blackstrap Molasses for fixing calcium phosphate ratio?

Topic Tags

Return to Health