How unhealthy is it to not eat the Ray Peat diet?

firehaze wrote:
TheRealPill wrote:After puberty, nutrition is not that important.

Even during puberty, the effects of nutrition are highly debated.

Of course, micronutrients are essential, but most Western diets meet the standard requirements of adequate vitamins and mineral intake.


Fucking legit.

Genetics is everything. If you didn't have starving african child levels of malnutrition your looks are more than likely because you have SHIT gentics.

Image
Suicide solves all.

magnesiumcalcium wrote:Post facts, not opinions. Show us studies proving harmful effects from sugar (from fruit) or dairy intake in healthy individuals.

Too easy.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23460912

I'll even raise you this.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18258623
Image
German/Mexican Aesthetics Crew

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

"There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."

"Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."

magnesiumcalcium wrote:First study: I asked for studies with fruit, not cane sugar. High cane sugar consumption is of course, harmful, due to being devoid of nutrients. There's no debate here.

Second study: Doesn't show harmful effects of sugar or dairy.

Sugar is sugar, no matter where you get it from. It all gets converted to energy or is stored as fat if you're not active enough to use it, or went over your calorie intake. The body doesn't discriminate.

And second, that's a study of a low-carb diet; IE, no sugar. Notice how it actually reduced the odds of diabetes?
PostThis post by medjon was deleted by puanewb on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 pm.
Reason: Requested in PM

magnesiumcalcium wrote:
Getting glucose+fructose (sugar) from sources with nutrients (fruit) is certainly much different to those without nutrients (cane sugar).

So what? High-carb vegan diets have shown reduced odds of diabetes. Many, many, many diets have seen reduced risks of many diseases, in no way is reducations of risk for diabetes unique to a low-carb diet.

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/31/7/1311.full

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/89/5/1588S.short

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/conten ... 1777.short

That's well and all but have you seen vegans? They're a pretty frail bunch. Easily identifiable by their bone thin bodies, lack of attractive coloring, and an awkward smell. I'm not kidding, I lived in Pittsburgh when it was 'cool' to be vegan. I have never wanted to physically harm someone until I met vegan hipsters.

However, most low-carb (keto) people are physically fit. They don't even have to try and they have decent muscle mass. They tend to be more physically active, have limitless energy and feel GREAT through-out the day (minus keto-flu). Vegans THINK they have energy, until they actually have to work. Low-carb actually does have tremendous energy stores, that's what fat is FOR, so it's great.

Did I mention low-carb people smell AWESOME!? It's most likely pheromones but you can sense when someone has been in ketosis for an extended period of time (myself included). Maybe it's also the smell of meat...

The comparison between to two is simple; sprinter versus marathon runner.

Low carb is horrible for your health long term.Try it for over 6 months and report back on your increasingly shitty health.

Maybe it's ok to lose weight really fast short term but thats the only possible use I could think of for it.

Low carb is just like PUA-a scam.

You will feel much better,have way more energy,higher metabolism,better athletic performance,etc eating carbs.

BTW I think ray peat is legit.I don't follow his ray peat diet but I do avoid polyunsaturated fats like the plague.

Omega-6 polyunsaturated fats are especially bad and very inflammatory.

I try to not to consume more than 3g of them per day,while also getting plenty of omega-3.When I am not eating alot of calories I manage to get less than 2g omega-6 per day and feel pretty good.

I never get sick even when I'm around sick people.

It's also super easy to follow I don't even need will power or discipline to do it.

If you do anything for your health,cut out the poly and omega-6 fats.

The nutrition field is filled with as much if not more BS than the PUA industry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-6_fatty_acid
Image

RageAndFury wrote:Low carb is horrible for your health long term.Try it for over 6 months and report back on your increasingly shitty health.

Maybe it's ok to lose weight really fast short term but thats the only possible use I could think of for it.

Low carb is just like PUA-a scam.


You will feel much better,have way more energy,higher metabolism,better athletic performance,etc eating carbs.

BTW I think ray peat is legit.I don't follow his ray peat diet but I do avoid polyunsaturated fats like the plague.

Omega-6 polyunsaturated fats are especially bad and very inflammatory.

I try to not to consume more than 3g of them per day,while also getting plenty of omega-3.When I am not eating alot of calories I manage to get less than 2g omega-6 per day and feel pretty good.

I never get sick even when I'm around sick people.

It's also super easy to follow I don't even need will power or discipline to do it.

If you do anything for your health,cut out the poly and omega-6 fats.

The nutrition field is filled with as much if not more BS than the PUA industry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-6_fatty_acid

I have no clue where you're getting THAT from. Humans by nature are low-carb animals. It's unnatural to our diet to be consuming regular carbs, which is why people in Western society got so fat. We haven't evolved to the point where carbs are meant to be the main source of calories.

By your logic, primitive man would have died off after a few months of living. Unless we're living the matrix, I'm pretty sure they didn't. Your body can produce sugar on it's own through ketosis. It is unnecessary for the body to be consuming carbs as the primary source of calories and only creates difficulties.

This is why there's a high amount of dietary intolerance; dairy, gluten, fructose, eggs (in most cases it's traced back to soy fed chickens), yeast and alcohol, salicylate (citrus fruit) and histamine in fish (when the meat is rotting). The reason for this is because with the exception of eggs (they didn't feed chickens soy years ago) and fish (not spoiled), primitive man didn't eat these things. They simply were not part of the diet until fairly recently.

That said, I wonder how many people are intolerant to... meat? Not many, I'd say. In fact, the only known cases I'm aware of is the result of a tick bite.

Low-carb is not a scam. The only scam here is believing this Ray Peat guy for more than a minute. Have fun with your ice cream and coca-cola diet. I'm SURE you'll see great results.

Nerzhus wrote:
RageAndFury wrote:Low carb is horrible for your health long term.Try it for over 6 months and report back on your increasingly shitty health.

Maybe it's ok to lose weight really fast short term but thats the only possible use I could think of for it.

Low carb is just like PUA-a scam.


You will feel much better,have way more energy,higher metabolism,better athletic performance,etc eating carbs.

BTW I think ray peat is legit.I don't follow his ray peat diet but I do avoid polyunsaturated fats like the plague.

Omega-6 polyunsaturated fats are especially bad and very inflammatory.

I try to not to consume more than 3g of them per day,while also getting plenty of omega-3.When I am not eating alot of calories I manage to get less than 2g omega-6 per day and feel pretty good.

I never get sick even when I'm around sick people.

It's also super easy to follow I don't even need will power or discipline to do it.

If you do anything for your health,cut out the poly and omega-6 fats.

The nutrition field is filled with as much if not more BS than the PUA industry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-6_fatty_acid

I have no clue where you're getting THAT from. Humans by nature are low-carb animals. It's unnatural to our diet to be consuming regular carbs, which is why people in Western society got so fat. We haven't evolved to the point where carbs are meant to be the main source of calories.

By your logic, primitive man would have died off after a few months of living. Unless we're living the matrix, I'm pretty sure they didn't. Your body can produce sugar on it's own through ketosis. It is unnecessary for the body to be consuming carbs as the primary source of calories and only creates difficulties.

This is why there's a high amount of dietary intolerance; dairy, gluten, fructose, eggs (in most cases it's traced back to soy fed chickens), yeast and alcohol, salicylate (citrus fruit) and histamine in fish (when the meat is rotting). The reason for this is because with the exception of eggs (they didn't feed chickens soy years ago) and fish (not spoiled), primitive man didn't eat these things. They simply were not part of the diet until fairly recently.

That said, I wonder how many people are intolerant to... meat? Not many, I'd say. In fact, the only known cases I'm aware of is the result of a tick bite.

Low-carb is not a scam. The only scam here is believing this Ray Peat guy for more than a minute. Have fun with your ice cream and coca-cola diet. I'm SURE you'll see great results.


this!
Image
Image

Fellas I used to drink the low carb koolaid trust me.

I would have responded the same way as both of you but I learned the hard way and if you follow low carb for awhile you will too.


@Nerzhus and @GENETIC SHIT

How do you know we are low carb animals?Based on what?Your mental images of cavemen eating meat?

Asians aren't fat and they eat a diet consisting of mostly white rice.Plenty of high carb eaters aren't fat.

Western people also eat alot of fat/protein in addition to carbs.How do you know its carbs and not something else?

BTW I never get fat eating high carb.Low carb people talk about carbs as if you gain 30lbs a month if you eat them.Don't be ridicolous.

Humans aren't carnivores they are omnivores.

I also never said we would die without carbs.You can live without carbs.You just will have better health if you eat them.

Your argument also assumes that anything "primitive" is superior which is common among low carb folk.I know cause I was one and I've ranted at people about how great low carb is too before I realized it was stupid.

I know all about ketosis already.

I also said in my post I don't eat a ray peat diet,I just said I agree with him about PUFA (polyunsaturated) and omega-6 fats.I don't eat a "ice cream and soda" diet.

I suggest you look into this guy called Matt Stone.Especially this cheap E book of his:

http://www.amazon.com/12-Paleo-Myths-Be ... bc?ie=UTF8

Also read this:

http://180degreehealth.com/dangers-and- ... iet-plans/

http://180degreehealth.com/is-a-low-car ... roductive/

He's had alot more information about it that is even much more greatly detailed but I don't feel like looking up and posting everything I can find.That's just some starter information.

Tons of people have subsisted on stuff like dairy and gluten for at least 10,000 years with great health so I don't think it's so simple as all those foods are bad just cause some caveman wasn't eating them over 10,000 years ago.

There are people who are intolerant to meat,if you count shellfish for example.That's certainly a primitive food.

magnesiumcalcium is speaking truth about keto.Also about food intolerances sometimes being the result of a poor metabolism.

@magnesiumcalcium

I am aware of that.I still think it's good for me based on the way it makes me feel.I am careful to avoid rancid sources as well.I get it from fish oil mainly,cod liver oil that is.Which also gives me alot of vitamin A and vitamin D.

Also I never said peat recommends this,it's just a personal thing.Matt Stone is also super against fish oil but I take my information from many different sources,take what is useful and what works for me and discard the rest.

This is not a non-primitive diet, the creator is fat and did not age well. It might be good for him if he hadn't gorged himself and stored it as energy.
Attachments
peatarian.com.jpg
peatarian.com.jpg (91.69 KiB) Viewed 1971 times

magnesiumcalcium wrote:
sissybynature wrote:This is not a non-primitive diet, the creator is fat and did not age well. It might be good for him if he hadn't gorged himself and stored it as energy.


Lmao that straw grabbing. :lol:

You call that fat? :roll: He's like 90, he looks fucking fine. What do you expect honestly?

GUYS HES 90 YEARS AND HIS SKIN ISN'T AS SUPPLE AS A BABY'S WOOOOOOOOOOW, WHAT A FRAUD

Image

If his metabolism was high he would not be fat.

durianrider isn't fat tho, just sayin'

Nerzhus wrote:Have fun with your ice cream and coca-cola diet. I'm SURE you'll see great results.

hey the gummy bears man don't you ever forget about that!
Previous

Topic Tags

Return to Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests